The Personal Systems Product Safety investigation team is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with proven results managing complex failure analysis for personal computer lithium-ion batteries. This individual will be working on highly sensitive and confidential investigations.
- Manages battery failure analysis for HP's Personal Systems products in support of potential product safety incident investigations in partnership with battery suppliers.
- Utilizes domain expertise to provide long-term preventative action plans, product design changes, and test plans.
- Works across various functional teams within HP and external vendors to drive changes for improving product safety, quality, and customer experience.
- Delivers failure analysis results to internal stakeholders and customers when required.
- Provides technical guidance to a variety of teams including but not limited to Customer Support, Account Management, Sales, Legal, Worldwide Trade & Regulation, and Global Risk Management.
- Diligently updates incident trackers and systems of record to assure flawless and timely execution of failure analysis and records compliance.
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and criteria for achieving objectives.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members to set an example of engineering design innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Mechanical, Materials, Electrical, Chemical, or other Engineering.
- Experience analyzing battery failure analysis reports required.
- Typically 10+ years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of rechargeable lithium-ion battery designs, chemistries, and technologies.
- Experienced in forensic analysis of lithium-ion batteries using X-Ray and 3D CT images.
- Proven experience developing ideas for battery or product design changes to improve safety, quality, or customer experience.
- Advanced knowledge of battery safety mechanisms.
- Proven experience leading root cause investigations with cross-functional teams.
- Practices good judgement in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of material properties, hardware, software, and electrical component design with personal computers.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.